TomTom are mapmakers, providing geolocation technology for drivers, carmakers, businesses, and developers.
Our experienced team can configure, customise and advise on the appropriate TomTom products to meet your requirements. As a member of the TomTom Partner Network, we sell and support TomTom’s location data products and traffic analytics solutions in New Zealand, Australia and South East Asia.
TomTom Traffic Analytics
TomTom Traffic Analytics tools provide a range of benefits for transport and safety engineers, transport planners and analysts, marketers, and asset managers.
Launched in 2008, the TomTom Traffic database has trillions of data points, with over 60 billion new records being added every day. TomTom’s traffic portfolio is available in 80 countries and counting including New Zealand, Australia, and Southeast Asia.
Knowing the historic, current, and predicted traffic conditions, local and central government agencies and enterprises can better plan and take corrective measures that influence driver’s behaviour, reduce congestion levels and emissions.
TomTom’s Traffic Analytics Products are provided through their MOVE portal which provides a single environment to access the historical and real-time analytical tools. TomTom MOVE features five distinct traffic products, each with unique customer benefits, that leverage archived big data over the last several years.
The TomTom for Developers portal offers the TomTom MOVE traffic product functions via a suite of web services designed for developers to create web applications to utilise the historical and real-time traffic data.
TomTom Traffic Stats is a self-service product that gives you direct access to the industry’s largest historical traffic database. With deep insight into road speeds, travel times and traffic density, you can identify mobility pain points, assess the impact of road network changes, improve traffic management and much more.
- Measure the stability and reliability of travel times on a route
- Analyse speed on all road segments to determine congestion bottlenecks and their effects
- Measure the travel time/speeds before and after a change in the road network to assess the impact
- Detect impact of seasonality, events, and incidents on traffic congestion or density
- Provide actual driven ground truth speeds and travel time data for use in transportation models
Origin Destination Analysis
TomTom Origin Destination (O/D) Analysis provides detailed information about trip dynamics and drivers’ preferred routes. TomTom O/D Analysis uses advanced algorithms to analyze anonymized Floating Car Data (FCD) from 600+ million connected devices. Available via the TomTom MOVE portal or API, the powerful solution helps you make better-informed decisions based on how and where people move.
- Calculating the volume of traffic flows between origins and destinations
- Determining diurnal and seasonal trip patterns
- Understanding preferred routes to/from specific locations
- measuring the historic traffic flows through intersections
TomTom Junction Analytics helps road authorities, traffic managers and engineers optimize intersection performance with an easy-to-use API and companion web app. Junction Analytics combines real-time traffic data with intuitive analytics tools to help you understand how drivers move through intersections – so you can allocate green time in a better way to cut congestion, reduce pollution and boost road safety.
Features and benefits:
- No hardware necessary: Detailed insights into intersection performance, without the need to install or maintain expensive hardware.
- Global Coverage: Junction Analytics is powered by real-time traffic data from 600+ million GPS devices – giving you the definitive view of what’s happening at any intersection.
- Powerful and easy to use: Insights. Fast. Configure and view intersections on a map, validate important road segments and gain new insights into queue length, travel times, turn ratios and more within minutes.
TomTom’s real-time traffic monitoring service makes it easy for road authorities, toll operators, event managers and emergency services professionals to understand what’s happening on the road. Use the self-service tool to define custom routes and view detailed travel times, speeds and traffic delays – and take proactive measures to inform drivers and improve mobility.
Features and benefits:
- Effortless insights: Set up custom routes in minutes via our web interface or connect the Route Monitoring API with your existing infrastructure – no hardware, engineering work or advanced training needed.
- Powerful and flexible: Access up-to-the-minute traffic data in more than 80 countries, powered by a network of 600+ million connected devices. Share live travel times and announcements with users via road-side displays, websites, mobile apps and social media.
- Actionable detail: Get detailed data on current travel times, delay times in comparison to free-flow traffic, route distance, live data coverage and data confidence level. Overall route info can also be checked on a segment level, giving you granular insights into traffic flow dynamics down to short length extensions.
Extensive digital mapping database
For over 20 years, TomTom has been creating the world’s most extensive digital mapping database. The pinnacle of this hard work is MultiNet, a road network database with detailed and rigorously tested data designed for application providers in highly developed countries.
MultiNet is suitable for the most demanding high-end applications including turn-by-turn navigation and traffic telematics. It is used in every market, from enterprise to automotive. You can be sure of the richest, freshest, and most accurate mapping data. More than 50,000 global sources provide MultiNet with updates on a quarterly basis.
Start your free Road Analytics product trial
Want to see how quick and easy it is to get detailed traffic and mobility data for your projects?
Click below to start your free Road Analytics product trial.
Still have questions?
We’d love to have a chat with you about how you can use TomTom Traffic Analytics to enhance your traffic related decision making. Click below to book a chat with Jacob at a time the suits you.