Business Process Lead
Closing date: 21 June 2021
Abley is a specialist professional services company with unrivalled abilities in spatial and data intelligence, software development, transportation planning and engineering. At Abley, our purpose is to inspire positive change, so our clients can make the right decisions.
Our transport team develop and deliver strategies and infrastructure that support safer travel, improved access and mobility. They’re big picture thinkers who also consider environmental, economic and personal wellbeing outcomes.
Our location and technology team help organisations gain insights from their data, so they can improve efficiency, save money and make smarter decisions. We’re all about providing insightful advice so people can make informed decisions that benefit our communities.
Our technical teams deliver amazing work, but can only do this with the support of our Shared Services team. This role falls within the Shared Services team and reports to the Group Manager, Shared Services.
What you'll be doing
This new role is responsible for supporting the development, management, and monitoring of business systems, policy and process as a part of the wider quality management systems (QMS). There is a particular focus on leads and job management processes, and the role will provide administrative support to Job Managers with the creation of new leads and jobs and support training activities.
You will engage the wider team in continuous improvement; identifying compliance requirements (whether mandated by clients, by law, or by industry direction and norms), ensuring adherence to quality standards, policy and process, and work with management on future recommendations to support business growth – whilst minimising and mitigating risk in delivery.
You will also be providing training for all inductions, update process manuals and guidelines when required and work with the wider team to identify business improvement opportunities.
Lastly, you will provide office management support for our Auckland team as a part of the wider Shared Services function.
What you’ll bring with you
Choosing the right person isn’t simply about results. It’s about relationships and fitting in well with our team. So, let’s make sure you’re the right person for us. You need to be:
- A brilliant communicator – there is a lot of compliance work in this role, so you need to be able to communicate in a way that people will get on board with your requests. You will also be training people in our company systems, so you need to be able to communicate well. You’ll be chatting to people in-person, via email or video conferencing, and in meetings.
- A builder of strong relationships – your role supports the wider team, and it is incredibly important that you’re approachable, and can provide quality service.
- Time manager extraordinaire – while this is a new role, we do expect it to be a busy role so will test your brilliant time management skills.
- Have incredibly high standards –this role has a large component of quality and compliance, so you need to have a great eye for detail and high standards.
- Be passionate about business processes – Yes passion is one of our values and we want you to ooze passion. We want you to tell us in your cover letter why you think following business process is so important.
- Full of positive energy – we want people to feel energised, inspired and motivated to be around you, so bring your ‘glass half-full’ attitude to work.
So, while you might be ticking these soft skills off in your head, we also need a few other skills and experience:
- Have experience in a professional services environment – This is really, really important to us. If you understand how professional services operate, this will set you up for success in this role.
- Have experience in a role where compliance and quality was a key component – that is the main part of this role, so having experience and success in this area will be a big plus for us.
- Sound knowledge of computerised systems – you’ll learn our project management software (so if you have used WorkflowMax that will be a bonus) and SharePoint for our company intranet. We expect you will be able to learn these very quickly.
- Proficiency in MS Office – especially in Word and Outlook. You will also use MS Teams extensively, so handy if you know these.
You have probably worked out that we are looking for the right person who fits with our culture and has the attitude we are looking for. Ideally you will also have the skills and experience we are after.
While we have offices in both Auckland and Christchurch, this role is located in Auckland.
We pride ourselves in the culture our people have created. This has been done through providing a few added extras that enables us to be a flexible work environment. Check out our careers page and latest news page to get a feel for what we offer.
We’ll assist you to achieve a greater technical understanding of your work and support your professional development. Working together like this means we achieve great results.
We have a diverse team that has a great gender, ethnic and age mix, and would welcome applicants from an equally diverse range of people.